We took a deep dive into the hot topic of Heart Rate variability! What it is, why you should be testing, how to test it, using technology & biofeedback and what we've learned personally over the years.
1:21 Welcome to the show!
2:20 WHAT is Heart Rate Variability?
6:27 STUDY: HRV & Heart Attacks
6:48 Heart Arrhythmias
7:33 Daylight Saving Time & Stress
9:18 The HRV goal
13:35 Athletic performance
15:47 WHY test HRV?
17:56 HOW to test HRV
21:38 Using Biofeedback
24:54 Factors that affect your number
27:14 Overall tips for support
28:36 OURA Ring All-Stars
29:53 Our top biohacks
32:41 Lauren’s HRV fail
34:52 Using NEUBIE to rebound
35:53 Hormesis for resiliency
38:01 Useful supplements
41:00 The benefits of consistency
41:51 Our personal experiences
44:29 Seasonal trends
47:49 Renee’s alcohol hack
48:48 Episode recap
49:23 Thanks for tuning in!
- TRAINING (volume, intensity, rest between workout days)
- LIFESTYLE (alcohol, circadian rhythm/sleep, nutrition)
- IMPACT OF SLEEP:
- HRV can drop during REM sleep
- HRV can increase during Deep sleep
- BIOLOGICAL (age, gender, genetics, health history)
- Wim Hof Method
- The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown (add Amazon link)
- Buteyko Breathing Exercises
- Apollo Band – 15% off!
- RCVR CBD Oil – Use code BIOHACKERBABE for 20% off
- Qualia Night – Use code BIOHACKERBABES for 15% off
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/biohacker-babes-podcast/donations